To make a KFC-style burger at home, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef (80/20 lean-to-fat ratio)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 brioche buns
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- KFC-style seasoning (a blend of 11 herbs and spices)
- Preheat a skillet or grill to medium-high heat.
- Divide the ground beef into 4 equal portions and shape them into patties.
- Season the patties with salt, pepper, and KFC-style seasoning.
- Cook the patties for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- During the last minute of cooking, add a slice of cheese on top of each patty to melt.
- Toast the brioche buns on the skillet or grill.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a patty on the bottom half of each bun, followed by a lettuce leaf, a tomato slice, and the top half of the bun.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can make your own KFC-style seasoning blend by mixing together ingredients such as paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried basil, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and dried marjoram.